Flexibility is another key feature of the Electroheat MKIV 9kWk, with a compact design to enable greater installation flexibility. Not only that, but this model heat pump has been designed with ease of use and maintenance firmly in mind. For example, the LED control panel features a continuous digital pool temperature display and incorporates a self diagnosis system. In the event of an issue, the control panel will display diagnostic error codes.
Key features of the Electroheat MKIV:
- High density titanium heat exchanger: Provides greater surface area for increased heat transfer performance and has a longer life expectancy than standard copper heat exchangers. Titanium offers total protection against erosion and corrosion; it is resistant to chlorinated water, ozone, iodine, baquacil, bromine and salt water
- R410A refrigerant gas
- Temperature management and self diagnosis
- Compact dimensions: 117cm (W) x 32cm (L) x 69cm (H)
- Scroll compressor: The Electroheat MKIV is powered by a Scroll compressor, the quietest, most powerful, energy efficient compressor on the market.
- Weather proof cabinet: The heat pump’s cabinet is constructed of heavy-duty UV-resistant ABS body panels that are highly resistant to rust, corrosion and deterioration.
- Auto defrost control: Reduces frost on the evaporator
- Auto pressure switch: Shuts down the system in the event of no water flow
- High/low pressure refrigerant / auto reset: Shuts down the system in the event of high/low refrigerant pressure
Compressor protection via a time delay: Allows the refrigerant to equalise before the compressor starts/restarts.
When you start looking for the right heating option, you may look into gas and electric heaters. Compared to these standard choices, the Waterco Electroheat pool heat pump uses a fraction of the energy to provide just as much heat. However, it’s not a solar heater, so you don’t have to rely on the sun. Instead, the Electroheat heat pump uses the latent heat in the air to heat your swimming pool.
The Waterco Electroheat heat pump is idea for heating:
- Plunge pools
- Spas and swim spas
- Swimming pools to help extend your swimming season
- Swimming pools if you want to enjoy it all year long
Inexpensive and Energy Efficient Heating
Compared to propane gas, natural gas and electric heaters, the Waterco Electroheat and Electroheat Plus provide more heat for the small amount of energy used. For every 1kW of energy consumed by the pump, it will produce as much as 5kW of heat for your pool.
Save as much as:
- 50% over a natural gas heating solution
- 80% over a propane gas heating solution
- 500% over an electric heating solution
How Does the Electroheat Heat Pump Work?
The Electroheat heat pump uses a refrigeration technology to take the hat out of the surround air and move it into your swimming pool. The steps include:
- Heat Extraction – The fan will circulate the nearby air through the evaporator air coil, which will act as a collector for the heat. The liquid refrigerant will absorb the heat from the ambient air.
- Heat Transfer – Once the heat has been absorbed, the hot refrigerant will flow through the heat exchanger and transfer the heat to the water in your swimming pool.
- Heat Intensification – After the heat has been transferred, the compressor will receive the warmed refrigerant to intensify the heat. This part of the process will also include the hot refrigerant being pumped through the heat exchanger.
- Recycle – Finally, the refrigerant will restart the process and flow through the evaporator air coil again to collect even more heat.
Compact Design Makes the Waterco Electroheat Ideal for heating:
- Plunge Pools
- Swimming Pools of all shapes and sizes
- Swim Spas
The Waterco Electroheat pool heat pump is available in 12, 15, 19 and 23kW heating capacities.
Benefits and Features of the Waterco Electroheat Heat Pump:
- Self-diagnosis and temperature management with user-friendly LED controls
- Efficient scroll compressor provides the power
- Weatherproof ABS cabinet
- Maximum heat transfer achieved through the dual coil heat exchanger
- Safety devices built-in for refrigerant level, compressor and water flow, along with start-up delay
- Titanium dual coil heat exchanger is very resistant to baquacil salt, ozone, iodine and chlorinated water
- Very large evaporator area for extracting even more ambient heat
- Easy to install
- R410A refrigerant gas maximizes the performance
- 5 year warranty – Residential 2 + 3 years and Commercial 1 year