Selcoperm electrolytic chlorination systems produce hypochlorite solution from a solution of common salt using electricity, without creating any notable by products. The produced hypochlorite solution has a pH value between 8 and 8.5 and a maximum equivalent chlorine concentration of less than 8 g/l. Due to its long half-life, it is ideal for storage in a buffer tank.
Key components in the Selcoperm unit include an electrolysis system, storage tanks for the saturated salt solution and product solution, an exhaust fan for removing any hydrogen produced, and dosing pumps for the product solution. The concept is rounded off with a measuring and control unit for chlorine dosing. The electrolysis system is supplied as a turn-key solution. Only the pipework for the water supply, the connections of the salt and product storage tanks as well as the exhaust pipe have to be installed. The size of the storage tanks depends on the capacity level of the system and the amount of disinfectant solution required.
The systems are a good alternative to chlorine-gas based systems. Typical disinfection applications for electrolytic chlorination systems are above all
- Drinking water treatment
- Swimming pool water treatment
- Wastewater treatment.
Features and benefits
- Only water, common salt and electricity is needed for the electrolysis
- Low operating costs
- Common salt is non-toxic and easy to store
- Fresh hypochlorite is always on hand
- Disinfectant solution does not dissociate like commercial hypochlorite solutions
- Approved disinfection method complying with drinking water regulations
- Alternative with less safety requirements to chlorine-gas based systems
- Robust and elementary components – low-maintenance and a long service life.