NBG and NKG are multi-purpose pumps suitable for a variety of different applications demanding reliable and cost-efficient supply.
NBG and NKG pumps are used in five main fields of
- Water supply
- Industrial pressure boosting
- Industrial liquid transfer
Besides general water supply in municipal and industrial waterworks, the NBG and NKG pumps are used for these specific applications:
- Filtration and transfer at waterworks
- Pressure boosting in mains
- Pressure boosting in high-rise buildings, hotels, etc.
- Pressure boosting in industrial buildings
- Various swimming bath applications.
Industrial pressure boosting
Pressure boosting in:
- Industrial washing and cleaning systems
- Industrial washdown systems
- Vehicle washing tunnels
- Fire protection systems
Industrial liquid transfer
Liquid transfer in:
- Cooling and air-conditioning systems (refrigerants)
- Boiler-feed and condensate systems
- Industrial heating systems
- District heating plants.
Liquid transfer in:
- Heating systems
- Ventilation systems
- Air-conditioning systems
Irrigation covers these applications:
- Field irrigation (flooding)
- Sprinkler irrigation
- Drip-feed irrigation
Features and benefits
NBG and NKG pumps present these features and benefits:
- The pumps are non-self-priming, single-stage, centrifugal volute pumps with axial suction port, radial discharge port and horizontal shaft.
- Suction and discharge flanges are PN 16 according to EN 1092-2.
- Dimensions and rated performance are according to ISO 2858 (16 bar).
- The NBG pump is close-coupled with a totally enclosed fan-cooled standard motor with main dimensions to IEC and DIN standards
- The NKG pump is long-coupled with a totally enclosed fan-cooled standard motor with main dimensions to IEC and DIN standards and mounting designation B3 (IM 1001).
- The mechanical shaft seal has dimensions according to EN 12756.
- NBG and NKG pumps offer flow rates from 2 to 1200 m3/h and heads from 2 to 160 m. Motor sizes fall in the 0.25 to 355 kW range.
- Pumps with power requirement of 1.1 to 22 kW are available with motors with built-in frequency converter. These pumps are called NBGE and NKGE.
- Pumps outside ISO 2858 are called “oversize”; dimensions may differ from the dimensions of similar pumps from other suppliers.
- All pumps are dynamically balanced according to ISO 1940 class 6.3. Impellers are hydraulically balanced.
- The NKG pump and motor are mounted on a common, steel base frame in accordance with EN 23661.
- The NBG and NKG product ranges are available in two product series, “standard range” and “premium range”. Premium-range products are available with EFF 1 motors; standard-range products with EFF 2 motors.
- The pumps are of the back pull-out design enabling removal of the motor, coupling, bearing bracket and impeller without disturbing the pump housing or pipework. Even the largest pumps can thus be serviced by a single person with a crane.
Pumps with electronic speed control
NBG and NKG pumps equipped with a motor with builtin frequency converter and the necessary application software to achieve an all-in-one solution enable electronic speed control. These pumps are called NBGE and NKGE.
Electronic speed control enables continuously variable control of motor speed which again enables adaptation of the performance to a given requirement.
The pump materials of NBGE and NKGE pumps are the same as those of the NBG and NKG pump range.
If a sensor is installed, NBGE and NKGE pumps allow for any of these configurations and control methods:
- Constant pressure
- Temperature control
- Constant flow.
Why select an NBGE, NKGE pump?
Select an NBGE, NKGE pump if
- controlled operation is required
- constant pressure is required
- communication with the pump is required.
- This furthermore gives these obvious advantages:
- energy savings
- increased comfort.
For further information on electronic speed control
ATEX-approved NBG and NKG pumps